This weekend we decided to pack our bags and head south to a quaint little farm called White Oak Pastures, that promised of dinner and a nights stay. As we walked into the pavilion where dinner would be served, we were greeted by the owner himself who was both charming and hospitable. Throughout dinner he walked around, greeting and introducing himself while answering any questions we had about the food and his farm.
We sat down to begin our four course meal as a man took to the guitar to croon us through dinner. The pavilion was strung up with twinkle lights as though to resemble the blinking stars in the night sky. The wonderful food was paired with even better conversation. With tummies full, we ventured back to our quiet little cabin under a sky full of stars to settle in for the night.
Upon waking up, we started the coffee and found 6 fresh eggs and a quiche in our refrigerator ready for us to enjoy! Andrew opened our kitchen shades and yelled with excitement to hurry and look outside, a herd of sheep was running behind our cabin! Our lives are now complete.
We set out to explore the little farm which is filled with free range chickens, cows, sheep, and greenhouses.
Post first adventure, we set our course for the near-by Providence Canyon State Park.
“I felt my lungs inflate with the onrush of scenery—air, mountains, trees, people. I thought, ‘This is what it is to be happy.’” -Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar
- I am the ISFP of the pair! Although most of the concepts that come with this personality are true for me, I don’t believe in completely boxing someone into a category. I choose to believe that all life is fluid and that personalities can be too!
- I am a nurse currently working in the aesthetic field, in short, I inject filler and botox!
- I fell in love with yoga a few years ago, thanks to a lovely friend who started encouraging me to at least try it! Since then, it has become my favorite form of physical activity/restoration.
- This is the FIRST time I have ever moved away from my hometown, Springfield, MO. I know it is cliche to say, but it is both exciting and scary! I am proud of myself for taking that initial step and am excited to watch my introverted self push those comfortable boundaries a bit.
- I have been working on my green thumb and have been doing so much better at keeping my plant babies alive! Hallelujah!
- Harry Potter, Labyrinth, and all things Disney are SO close to my heart. I have tattoos representing all but one of them so far. Probably 90% of my day is thinking about going to Disney world and Harry Potter world again. I may even make a Labyrinth world for fellow Jareth lovers out there.
- I grew up playing piano for a total of 12 years. Suffering from stage fright the entirety of my life, I could never bring myself to play in front of people (at least when I was old enough to say so). Although I’m not able to play currently due to the fact that we can’t fit a piano in our 655 square foot apartment, I still have a love for the piano and hope to continue one day.
- Movie and TV soundtracks usually make me more emotional than the acting or storyline.
- I love coffee. My go to cup is black but I’ll occasionally splurge on a latte here or there. Recently, the lavender latte my husband makes for me melts my heart and has been my taste buds first choice.
- I hope one day to travel the world and see the places that have been set on my heart, ie. Hobbitown.
I hope you enjoyed 10 things about me! I’m sure this will be a recurring post in the future for the both of us, Happy day! -Mal
PHOTO BY MICHAELLA JELIN (@YELLOWBIRDVISUALS) FOR SO WORTH LOVING (@SOWORTHLOVING)